The Program of Lighting Lamps to A Thousand Buddhas at the Holy Site
One dollar a day and one person a lamp to light up a hope for the peace of the world.
Thousands of lamps represent people’s good wishes;
and thousands of Buddhas work together devotedly.
Light a lamp to pray for the world.
Light a lamp and the world shines with you!
What can one dollar do in your daily life? a cup of coffee? a piece of sandwich? or downloading several songs? One dollar in real life can only satisfy our little wishes. However, it is possible to light a lamp to pray world peace in the holy place where the Buddha was born.
With increasingly frequent terrorist attacks, earthquake, typhoons and climate variability,
the world is more fragile than we imagine. People are more ignorant than we think.
We breathe the same air, live on the same earth, and look at the same blue sky regardless of race or religion. “World Peace, Peace of the Earth” has already become our greatest prayer.
Dear friends, let us promote world peace by offering lamps to thousands of Buddhas. Here, in the birthplace of the Buddha, we are reminded of our mothers, for even the great enlightened Buddha, who profoundly influenced world peace through his Dharma teachings, was dependent on his mother’s loving care. The Center reminds us of the love and peace that is our common aspiration. The seed of light begins with us, dear friends. We must offer our goodwill, so that the light of goodness may shine in the dark.
Here, at the WCPU, the precious sacred land provides karmic connections to thousands of Buddhas, we are waiting for you to light up the exclusively – planned 1000 lamps!
Ways to Participate
Qualifications for the Lighting:
- Every participant has 3 quotas and each quota is valid for three months.
- Participation is accepted according to regional quota limits.
- If the 1000 quotas are occupied, new participants can join when someone quits.
Ways of Lighting and Praying:
- Thousand-Buddha Lamp Lighting at the Main Hall: one dollar a day, $365 a year.
- Buddhas and Bodhisattvas Lamp Lighting at the Circumambulation Corridor: $1,200 a year.
- Buddhas and Bodhisattvas Lamp Lighting at the Main Hall: $3,000 or $9,000 a year.